Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Scariest realization of my life!

Death is creeping up on all of us. We all know this fact, and yet when coming face to face with it for the first time in a very personal manner, I'm scared out of my mind.
I've lost people and pet's over the years, and I'm always left with a void in my heart in honor of that person. My Grandpa has been ill for the last couple of years, in and out of the hospital, functioning at times, and at other times, not at all. It hurts me to the core to watch him suffer.
The scary part, after all these years, is that it's finally coming close to the time that it's going to be a reality. Possibly one of the saddest thing I've ever had to experience. He has had Empahzima for years, and yes... cigarettes did it!
My grandpa, in many ways has been that father figure fulfilled in my life. He took me on vacations, traveling with Myself, My sister, and Grandma. Allowing for us to see some of the most amazing sights available in the united states. Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone national forest, the great redwoods, The Grand Canyon, and the many little hidden away Indian villages across the states. I have so many great memories from these trips. Getting lost on the Indian trails, Him tricking us into believing he was going to slip and fall into the Grand Canyon, Visiting the sand dunes, and believing they were Quick sand, My sister and i getting royally busted by the people traveling behind us on the highway for discarding an entire box of tissues, one at a time, out of the back window of the car... Staying in a hotel and singing The song "It's raining , it's pouring, the old man is snoring," and actually having him get out of bed and bump his head on the T.v. attached to the wall. And my most favorite memory ever, being in Girl scouts, about 8 years old, and having My grandpa accompany me as my date for the father daughter sock hop.. where Casey was also accompanied by Uncle Donny, grandpas brother. I will always cherish my amazing relationship with him, and I am so glad to have been able to have so many great times in my life shared with him. I will forever have the image of me and him sitting at that table at the sock hop, sipping out of the same milkshake with two straws.

No comments:

Post a Comment